These windows are the gold standard in sliding sash timber window design, the fact that many buildings still have working examples of these which are decades old is testament to the perfection in the design. As with everything, quality does come at a price and sash and case windows are our premium line and as such they are priced to take into account the craftmanship and engineering involved.
Our sash windows are suitable for listed buildings where you must replace ‘like for like’ window frames and are equally suitable within conservation areas and refurbishment projects.
All sash windows are double glazed as standard and fully draught proofed using a long lasting neoprene gasket system, not a brush system as used in overhauls or repair work. All windows are factory finished with a 3 coat paint process to any colour or stain preference you require. We can even offer an optional dual finish if required, this means the outer and inner faces of the window are sprayed different colours at the factory. Ideal if you wish a white outer window but a wood stain inner to match your existing panelling and skirtings.
Our hardwood frames have a life expectancy of 60 years, whilst the softwood frames have a life expectancy of 30 years.
Our sash windows are supplied with lead weights and modern nylon cords with a 1 tonne breaking strain. Alternatively, you can have your new windows fitted with a spiral balance system which use a spring return system instead of cords and weights to operate the top and bottom sashes. Both cords & weights and spiral balance windows look the exact same from the outside, however the spiral balance windows reduce the cost, due to the saving on lead weights and pulley components.
Sash window (traditional cords and weights):
- Solid metal pulley wheels not nylon, running on ball bearing races for smooth operation year after year.
- Range of modern and traditional ironmongery available. Brass or Chrome finish.
- Simplex inward opening easy cleaning system available.
- Curved and Gothic head sash windows available.
- Severe weather rating.
- Available in white, magnolia, mahogany and teak colours as standard or to any specific RAL colour you wish as an optional extra.
- Fully guaranteed supply and fit service covering Scotland.
Sash windows colour options made to measure to any bespoke size
* min 400mm width x 1000mm height
* max 1600mm width x 3500mm height
Why not have a look at our previous work in our sash window gallery and read the testimonials from satisfied sash windows replacement clients.